Friday, January 15, 2016

Clubbing Dreams and an Important announcement!

So I'm going to start this entry with a long and involved back story about me and my life in the goth club scene. Maybe I should start even farther back... I was always a "weird" kid. I played with dead things and animals no one else wanted to touch. I used to save things I thought I could use to make my own science experiments that I'd hide. One of my parents would always find them and throw them away. Once or twice I was told on by a sibling. I once got in trouble in first grade for coloring a clown on our spelling classwork so it looked like he was holding an ax instead of balloons, and covered him in blood. It's safe to say I was (and am) a weirdo.

Years and years later, I discover goth somehow. I start to wear all or mostly black. Fishnet, long coats, dyed hair. I try smoking cloves and hanging out with kids who tattoo and pierce themselves and making weird art with my blood, CD's, whatever I could find.

Then after that one of my best friends, a guy who introduced me to my husband, takes me out clubbing. I finally find people who don't think I'm weird partly because some of them are a hell of a lot weirder. I craved the clubs. I get lost when I dance. I feel like I'm on another plane almost. Ever since I've been wanting to start my own place for the weirdos, the strange artists, the loners, the people who make me happy to be me.

In 2013, I tried. I started Infamy with the help of a friend. Our very first night we had Bella Morte perform. I was so happy and excited. Yes, I did it I made a place! But then it fell apart. I was never so stressed or depressed up to that point.

Cut to, I have another opportunity. I have been asked to run a night at The Tin Roof Tavern in Manchester, NH. I am so excited at the possibilities. Can't get too excited, though, this is still a trial run in a way. There's a chance it won't last forever, but at the very least I'm going to get some experience and show people what I can do. This time around, I have more support, people who want to help, people who want this place to exist. I have also made a lot more connections.

So here it is: I have renamed my old club page Infamy Productions. All my little creative efforts are all under that umbrella. My night, this blog, my art, comics, so on and so forth. I feel like that works for most of my, well, works.

So if you want to come here's our "first" night. My dear husband, DJbadaxe and his sib Sawtooth are of course DJing. I should mention this event falls on Badaxe's birthday. He deserves extra points and love for that!

As always if you want to see some of my adventures and random doings, here's my Instagram. Yerps.

See some of you soon. :)

1 comment: